iCookbook™ for iPad/iPhone
The iCookbook™ application is the only cooking and recipe app that an everyday cook will ever need. Developed by Publications International, Ltd., which publishes and sells more than 9 million cookbooks a year, the iCookbook™ app includes more than 2,000 recipes selected by accredited food editors and nutritionists. All of the recipes come from family-friendly food brands that you know and trust. Each recipe can be made with easy-to-find ingredients, has been kitchen-tested, and includes a beautiful full-color picture of the completed dish.
The iCookbook™ app does much more than just enable home cooks to choose from professional kitchen-tested recipes that they can prepare with confidence. Here is a list of the iCookbook™ features:
- Voice Command. Cooks can proceed through the preparation steps without touching the Apple iPad screen. Just speak the simple commands to move to the next step, manage timers, view notes, and more.
- Intuitive visual interface. Cooks can view photos for easy recipe selection.
- Stir. Press this button and iCookbook™ offers a selection of recipes based on a search or filter criteria.
- Prepare. This provides an enhanced display of a recipe a cook can read at a distance from the iPad.
- My Recipe Box. Enables a cook to create a set of iCookbook favorite recipes for easy retrieval, and add recipes from a personal recipe collection.
- Connectivity. Go directly to Facebook or an email provider for easy recipe sharing with family and friends.
- AirPrint. Send a print command for a recipe right from your Apple device to your printer.
- Personal Notes. Record your ideas and comments about the iCookbook recipes.
- Kitchen Tools. Multiple timers, substitution lists, and conversion charts.
- Shopping List. Tag ingredients directly from a recipe to your shopping list, then print or email your list.
- In-app Store. Enables users to add free new recipes into iCookbook™ each month, and also purchase recipe collections.
- Recipe Ratings. Rate your favorites, or use other users’ ratings to guide your selections.
- How-To Videos. Watch these step-by-step videos for further explanation for common kitchen tasks.
- Airplay Compatible. Push videos to any Apple TV connected television when using iCookbook on an iPad or iPhone with iOS 5 (or higher).
- Sync with iCloud. When iCookbook is installed on multiple iOS 5 (or higher) devices, features and functions such as recipe ratings, My Recipe Box, etc. are automatically synced via iCloud.