Share these sweets with your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day!
1-3⁄4 cups sugar
3⁄4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 cup (half of 7-ounce jar) marshmallow creme
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Butter 8-inch square pan. Lightly butter side of medium heavy saucepan.
2. Combine sugar, cream, coffee granules and corn syrup in prepared saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a boil. Wash down side of saucepan with pastry brush frequently dipped in hot water to remove sugar crystals. Boil 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, nuts and vanilla in heatproof bowl.
4. Pour sugar mixture over chocolate mixture; stir until chips are melted. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Score fudge into squares with knife. Refrigerate until firm.
5. Cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Recipe © 2012 Publications International, Ltd.
Photo © 2012 Publications International, Ltd.