6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
6 tablespoons HERSHEY’®S Cocoa
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs (about 45 cookies, crushed)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/2 cups REESE’S® Peanut Butter Chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream, whipped
CRANBERRY TOPPING (recipe follows)
1. Stir together butter, cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla wafer crumbs in bowl. Press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan; refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Beat cream cheese and lemon juice in large bowl until fluffy; set aside. Combine peanut butter chips and sweetened condensed milk in medium saucepan over low heat; stir constantly until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Add to cream cheese mixture; blend well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour evenly over crumb crust.
3. Cover; refrigerate while preparing CRANBERRY TOPPING. Spread topping evenly over cheesecake. Cover; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan to serve. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
Makes 12 to 14 servings
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Stir together cranberries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir together cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water; gradually add to cranberry mixture. Return to heat; stir constantly until mixture thickens and resembles fruit preserves (about 4 minutes). Cool to room temperature; stir in vanilla.
Makes about 3-1/2 cups topping
Recipe © 2011 The Hershey Company
Photo © 2011 Publications International, Ltd.